Thursday 27 March 2008

Blockstack at Paganello Review

I've finished cleaning sand out of my bag. I've had some sleep. I've reflected on the amazing time we had. I've even watched the 4 days of coverage from the Rimini sands.

Both Steve and myself worked our socks off all week. We had less sleep than anyone. During the finals we commentated on all 4 games. We were still defrosting Steve's hands an hour after we left the beach and you may notice that some of the camera work is a little shaky due to shivering.

With everything considered I think we did a decent job of capturing the character and atmosphere of the event, but our opinion is not really that important. What is important is what you the viewers thought of it.

Get your commenting fingers ready and bust out your feedback.
  • What was your favourite bit?
  • Did any of it bore you?
  • What did you want to see more of?
  • Did you get a feel for the tournament?
If you could also include in your feedback whether you were at Paganello 2008 and where you are from it would really help us.

5 comments:

D said...

Hey, I got back from Paga 08 yesterday and saw a link to your site and enjoyed watching all 4 episodes this evening, a perfect way to avoid writing my dissertation! Looks like you guys did work really hard to get all that in there so congrats! I actually got the bus with you to the club party (the last bus which was actually going to pick people up, not take more people there...) you looked like a couple of guys waving a camera around but im impressed by the final product! good job. Peace.
David G
#11 The Monsters, London Revolution, UCL.

Foggy said...

Hey Steve, I think you should add links to blockstack.tv on the blog. It's pure laziness on my part, but hey.. ;)

And Steve, are you going to WCU this year?

Anonymous said...

Good work, guys. And it was fun to party with you on the boat!

ea said...

I haven't been to Paga since 06, but I was a founding member of Scandal, so I had to see what I could of the team that won it all. So my only complaint is that there wasn't enough Scandal. Otherwise, thanks for being so quick about getting the episodes up. There seems to be a lack of recaps/reviews out there right now, so blockstack.tv has been my only window into that world. Reminded me of everything that I miss about Paga (except the weather when it's in March).

Tom Styles said...

@foggy thanks for the input, it looks like Steve has sorted that out now.

@davidg We were a couple of guys waving a camera around, I don't think much of that footage was usable, shame because the laser show would have been awesome. Thanks for the feedback.

@ea We only wish we could have, it was just not possible to get any more than a couple of teams a day. We'll try and be a bit more even handed with our coverage in Copenhagen. Glad you enjoyed the coverage. Spread the word.