Sunday 9 December 2007

Day 2 - Surfing

Surely if Keanu Reeves can learn to do this in a short montage, I can pick it up in a morning. I even had Surfing guru Dale Madden holding my hand through the process. Once at the beach, as I'd missed the initial hiring I had to wear a women's rash vest top which kept on riding up giving me a sort of a Daisy Duke unnecessarily exposed mid-region look while almost defeating the purpose of the top.

My first go had me catching a wave straight into the beach. I didn't stand up but just got a feel for it. I was ready. I was a natural. Check the video.

4 comments:

BlockStackTom said...

I'd stick to snowboarding if I were you Steve. Loving the Brazilian action.

Dan said...

It's freezing here, my car won't start, and it will probably rain when I take the Year 7s for rugby training.

I hope a shark eats you.

Dan
Kent Open

Unknown said...

What Dan Said!

except it's the Yr 9's and their mock SAT's.

Luke T

Anonymous said...

Steve had actually got surfing nailed by the end of the second week. Second attempt, he stood up on the board and gave a casual thumbs up to those in the water behind him. Similar hand gestures were returned.